This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Intelligence Systems Product Line (ISPL), Portsmouth VA.Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for supervising personnel at various geographic locations. ISPL Division responsibilities include acting as the Service Owner and single point of accountability that provides service development, delivery, support, and technical expertise for ISPL services, which includes intelligence mission systems and intelligence tactical systems.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing and maintaining strategic plans
- Performing needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions
- Resolving conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures
- Coordinating and managing the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Leading and overseeing budget, staffing, and contracting
- Routinely exercising independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592368000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.