This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-05 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to the GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Head of the Surface Ship Test and Programs Division C/21 in the Machinery Programs & Platforms Department
of Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWC PHILA DIV).
- You will define goals and objectives, establish policy and determine the direction in which the division should develop.
- You will perform organizational and administrative management of the Division 21 including tactical and strategic planning, developing resources and capabilities, budgeting and managing funding and negotiating with sponsors.
- You will identify personnel, fiscal, material, facility and other resources required for current long term proposed program/projects.
- You will monitor and track Division 21 performance and ensures coordination of their efforts with Division 22 and other internal stakeholders as applicable.
- You will provide oversight and management of the DDG-51 Land-Based Engineering Site (LBES).
- You will plan and oversee future test sites and existing test sites including Mission Readiness Panels (MRP), Command Cybersecurity Program Management.
- You will oversee the command major program initiatives including Condition Based Maintenance (CBM), 2S COG Propulsion Systems, Electric Power and PMS 320 Initiatives, New Technology Development, and other new initiatives.
- You will provide technical review, guidance and direction of the overall programmatic and technical efforts, and serves as expert consultant and advisor.
- You will represent the Department/Philadelphia Division to NAVSEA, the Fleet and other high-level Navy and private organizations.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592349000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.