This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The EPMD is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management. The incumbent will serve as Senior Information Technology (IT) Specialist.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 802 - IT Project Manager
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (APPSW)/PD18421A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Manage program/project management and systems lifecycles to include: Acquisition, development, modification, enhancement, deployment or decommissioning of a product, service or system which may be Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) or internally developed software business applications.
- Tracks, analyzes and coordinates multiple, complex applications development projects using principles and guidelines of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI) methodologies.
- Develops and communicates project plans and schedule system scope based on cost estimates for new or modified application systems on a clear understanding of customer requirements and information on project costs, schedule, quality, and performance.
- Manages projects based on the approved plans to ensure the successful implementation of software solutions.
- Provides oversight for the development of information systems testing strategies, plans or scenarios working with stakeholders and Test and Software Quality Assurance Services representatives.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592330400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.