This position is located in the Quality Assessment Division (QAD), Livestock & Poultry Program, AMS. The QAD is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering programs for the grading, verification and/or inspection of beef, veal & calf, lamb, pork, shell eggs, poultry, and rabbit products. The selectee will serve as Federal-State Supervisor and is responsible for administering and implementing the above programs throughout assigned States.Learn more about this agency
location - Within the state of Minnesota.
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize federal and/ or state cooperating employees, supervises and directs programs for voluntary grading.
- Performs shell egg surveillance inspection at registered plants to assure the control of restricted and inedible eggs under the Egg Products Inspection Act (EPIA).
- Assures the uniform interpretation and application of the regulations, instructions, standards, and specifications governing the services.
- Plans and assigns subordinates? work. Schedules and approves leave. Provides guidance to employees on both administrative and technical matters.
- Works closely with Regional Office personnel to recruit employees; conduct interviews, and recommend selections to the Regional Director.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel up to 50% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592323100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.