THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION THAT REQUIRES MILITARY MEMBERSHIP.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, Position Description Number PDD0418000 and is part of the Mississippi National Guard.
As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, WG-2892-10, you will analyze malfunctions, troubleshoot, remove, install, repair, modify, maintain, test, align, calibrate and certify the components of the aircraft electrical system the electronically and pneumatically controlled environmental system, and associated test equipment, and to certify these systems are air worthy, by intensive inspections of the Electrical/Electronic and Environmental System and peripherals.
(1) Functionally tests, troubleshoots, inspects, adjusts, aligns, calibrates and repairs the entire range of aircraft electrical systems to insure maximum operating efficiency. Repairs complex power control and warning systems such as, master control panels, analyzing units, master caution panels, voltage regulators, supervisory panels, AC/DC generators, starters, inverters, indicating instruments, linear actuators and utility system control units. Fabricates, repairs and replaces wiring harness, cannon plugs and connectors. electric motors and modifications as directed by higher authority.
(2) Selects, operates. maintains and repairs specialized test equipment, measuring equipment and common shop equipment such as multimeters, vacuum tube voltmeters, tube testers, oscilloscopes, insulation testers, vary drives, magneto test stands, and electrical equipment test stands. Calibrates and adjusts amplifiers, control boxes, and other equipment that vary voltage,resistance. frequency and load for analyzing various characteristics of electrical shop and test equipment. Must maintain a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles as applies to avionics systems to include a working knowledge of wiring diagrams. blueprints, technical publication and schematics.
(3) Selects. studies. utilizes and updates technical manuals, TWXs, newsletters, MWOs and files in support of functional area of responsibility. Assists with identification and requisition of tools, parts, equipment and bench stock required.
(4) Performs such travel as may be required in the accomplishment of assigned duties and the organizational mission.
(5) Performs on-the-job training as required. Evaluates training effectiveness.
(6) May assist authorized firefighters in the performance of fire/crash/rescue duties as required.
(7) May assist in other functions within the component repair shop in the accomplishment of mission requirements.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592320500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.