This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The EPMD is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management. Office of Information Technology (OIT) is responsible for the implementation of information technologies that are aligned with the business strategies of the Veterans Administration (VA).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 802 - IT Project Manager
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (PlcyPln)/PD18089A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work may require some physical effort, such as standing, walking, bending, or sitting. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal.
- Oversees portfolio process management areas for the portfolio that provides IT improvements and
enhancements at the enterprise level, including highly technical OIT/VA IT projects supporting Veterans
Health Administration (VHA), Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), National Cemetery Administration
(NCA) and special program offices
- Represents EPMD at conferences and meetings with representatives from other organizational elements within OIT, other government agencies, or private organizations.
- Evaluates the impact of changes in business needs on current VA IT policy and projects, conducts feasibility studies, identifies solutions, and presents recommendations to senior management.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for extremely complex areas of portfolio management, and provides advisement to executive leadership, program managers, project managers, and other staff for OIT/VA highly technical IT projects.
- Performs needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592320400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.