Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees; PPP DoD Military Spouse Preference Eligibles. Position is located in: Information and Technology Directorate, Accounting Services - ZTCFA. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.Learn more about this agency
- Develops, plans, and implements the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) Information Security/Information Assurance Program and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Serves as a technical authority and focal point for information security policies and procedures, including hardware, software (both applications and systems) and teleprocessing security.
- Plans and implements a security program that supports the Agency?s financial management and information technology goals and objectives.
- Enforces all applicable security policies and safeguards for all personnel having access to the location?s various information systems.
- Advises managers and supervisors on information security issues and policy.
- Develops mid and long range strategic information security plans and ensures information security plans are prepared for all sensitive and classified systems.
- Performs studies to monitor and improve or enhance information security-related projects.
- Develops or participates in the development of information security hardware and software standards, methods, techniques, procedures, and objectives. Implements security and information policy.
- Serves as the security technical authority for all information systems programs and development efforts for an assigned location.
- Oversees the security certification and accreditation of information systems. Develops local risk assessment policies.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592316300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.