This position is located on the Francis Marion Ranger District, of the Francis Marion & Sumter National Forests, in Huger, South Carolina.Learn more about this agency
This position performs a variety of technical duties individually, or as a crew member or leader, in support of the unit's timber, silviculture, recreation, wildlife, and fire programs.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Robert Stewart, at 843-336-2221, email@example.com.
- Duties are listed at the full performance level.
- Executes timber cruises and sample surveys for resource information.
- Assembles and summarizes data and prepares reports and maps of cruise areas.
- Conducts assigned portions of surveys and studies of recreation trail areas, facilities, and activities on the unit.
- Reviews land management proposals and operational programming needs and prescriptions for recreation work.
- Assists with the selection and recommendation of new trail and facility locations.
- Observes and reports on factors affecting the health and welfare of species and their habitat, location, and nesting status.
- Performs as a crew leader for prescribed burning and slash disposal crews.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel with overnight lodging may be required for training, meetings, and/or to fulfill the duties of the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592309300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.