Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees; PPP DoD Military Spouse Preference Eligibles. Position is located in: Information and Technology Directorate, Accounting Services - ZTCCG. This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Serves as a senior systems analyst. Defines and validates the need for proposed new or improved systems through consultation with program officials in customer program organizations.
- Conducts detailed analyses of business processes for which systems are being developed and defines information technology solutions and alternatives to enable changes and improvements.
- Consults with customers to develop and refine functional requirements and translates functional requirements into design specifications. Conducts feasibility studies and trade-off analyses. Develops project milestones and schedules.
- Determines best approaches for systems implementation within the technical environment, and works with applications developers to isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
- Defines system scope and objectives and ensures the integration of all systems components; e.g., procedures, databases, policies, software and hardware.
- Independently provides formal and/or informal instruction to users regarding complex systems issues, features, etc.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to the systems analysis process.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592282900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.