This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Southern Ute Agency, Deputy Superintendent-Trust Services, Division of Natural Resources, Branch of Irrigation in Ignacio, Colorado. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Superintendent and functions as the Supervisory Irrigation System Operator on the Pine River Indian Irrigation Project.Learn more about this agency
This position is being re-advertised. Applicants who applied previously may submit updated and/or missing information.
- Responsible for the water administration and system planning, operation, maintenance of the Pine River Indian Irrigation Project.
- Protects adjacent lands, properties, and persons against damage or danger from water overflow, seepage, or canal breaks.
- Monitors and reports vandalism and rights-of-way encroachment, unauthorized water diversions and misuse of the water delivery system and initiates corrective measures.
- Assists in the budget formulation process.
- Processes work orders from water-users and maintain record of water delivery to users.
- Determines adequate water deliveries to users and calculate requirements for project areas served.
- Participates in design reviews for new construction and the rehabilitation of existing structures.
- Conducts safety risk assessments for water system operations.
- Identifies locations to measure water for both surface flows and groundwater levels.
- Supervises the monitoring efforts for water levels, flow rates and operational efficiency.
- Trains employees in performing maintenance activities such as cleaning ditches, repairing and replacing structures, building concrete forms, placing concrete and operating hand or power tools.
- Exercises supervision over the operations and maintenance personnel to assign, review, and approve work assignments.
Occasional travel - You may occasionally be expected to travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592282300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.