About the Position: This position may be filled by temporary promotion, temporary reassignment, or temporary change to lower grade by an Army employee Not-To-Exceed (NTE) 4 Years. This temporary position may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: The actual duty station will be negotiated upon selection. Salary will vary depending on duty station location.
- Serves as a Lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) Mobile Nuclear Power Advisor to the Director, Office of the Chief of Engineers (OCE).
- Provides a successful design for development of training for operation, maintenance for Nuclear Power Plant Operator and Maintainer for SCOs Mobile Nuclear Power Plant (MNPP) covered by the Army Reactor Office (ARO).
- Applies professional knowledge of concepts and principles of mathematics, physics, nuclear engineering, and materials science creatively to the research, design, development, study, analysis, modification, improvement, and documentation of MNPP.
- Applies combined knowledge of training development functions, doctrine and applications to do develop training materials.
- Applies advanced or recently developed technologies to the issues facing the Army in the area of power generation, specifically nuclear energy.
- Develops and assures application of internal policy, procedures, and performance standards.
- Directs, through outlines responsibilities, delegates authority, and establishes standards of performance and operation.
- Evaluates and reviews evaluation of personnel, making selections when appropriate, and reviewing those made by subordinate supervisors.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required up to 20% of the time to represent the Corps of Engineers in conferences, meetings and to include presentations involving problems and issues of consequence and importance to nuclear power matters and new power reactor programs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592278100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.