This position is located in the Voice of America, Programming Directorate, Program Review. VOA Program Review assesses and is responsible for monitoring the strategic and tactical performance of VOA elements against VOA and international media standards and USAGM-mandated goals and performance targets. Program Review assesses the performance of the various entities that make up the VOA.Learn more about this agency
The program review process includes market analyses, evaluation of multimedia program content, production values, and examination of current research.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes the journalistic and presentation performance of VOA elements on all output channels; including TV, radio, digital, mobile, and social media.
- Conducts management analyses and studies of the operational effectiveness and efficiency of all VOA elements, and develops recommendations for improvements.
- Leads analytical investigations, preparatory briefings, reviews for management, and follow-up proceedings as directed. Coaches staff and management as needed to assist in the implementation of review recommendations.
- Monitors performance and quality of content and outputs against professional and USAGM standards, and market conditions, and ensures analytical output meets the highest standards of policy compliance, clarity and timeliness.
- Recommends adoption of private and public sector best practices from news organizations relevant to the VOA, and identifies opportunities for improved performance and increased coordination, collaboration, and resource sharing between VOA's elements and with USAGM's broadcast entities.
- Prepares written and oral reports, briefings, analyses and related materials used in the process of reviewing programming content and presentations, working with management in the structure of the final product.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592265400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.