You will serve as the DDG 51 Integrated Bridge Controls Senior Engineer or Computer Scientist in the Cybersecure HM&E Controls Systems & Networks Department; HM&E Ship Control, Navigation & Network Systems Division; Ship Controls (Combatants) Branch (Code 522) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the leading technical authority and expert for U.S. Navy surface combatant steering control systems.
- You will identify and implement technical solutions across U.S. Navy surface combatant platforms to optimize the performance, reliability, maintainability and total ownership cost of fielded steering control systems.
- You will develop common technical support processes, tool sets and techniques to align and integrate all support efforts within the Branch.
- You will provide technical leadership and direction for all Branch In-Service Engineering and New Acquisition steering control system support efforts on U.S. Navy surface combatants.
- You will work with Branch Program Technical Leads in establishing specific design, testing and installation requirements for all steering control system applications.
- You will provide recommendations/guidance for the resolution of technical issues identified on fielded systems both in the fleet and at land-based test sites.
- You will provide technical oversight and direction for Information Assurance (IA) and Certification and Accreditation of U.S. Navy surface combatant steering control systems.
- You will develop, implement and manage common technical processes, techniques and tool sets that permit the Branch to function as an integrated technical collaborative organization.
- You will work with the Branch Lead Systems Engineers to ensure all established processes and supporting documentation are in accordance with applicable Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and Systems Engineering requirements.
- You will represent the Branch as the surface combatant steering control system technical expert in all internal proceedings/affairs, including technical program reviews, design reviews, requirements reviews and peer reviews.
- You will serve as the lead technical interface for surface combatant steering control systems with external organizations, including government sponsors, contractors, universities and professional societies.
- You will ensure the cybersecurity of assigned systems, including the establishment of requirements, testing, updates and system accreditation.
- You will develop, design, test, evaluate, and maintain computer hardware and software systems in an integrated manner, such as computer equipment, interface, applications and support.
- You will support Integrated Bridge System (IBS), Ship Control System and Navigation System programs on U.S. Navy surface ships.
- You will identify and implement effective and efficient technical solutions across U.S. Navy surface combatant platforms to optimize the performance, reliability, maintainability and total ownership cost of fielded steering control systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592224300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.