The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience and senior leadership working with a large, diverse workforce in disaster response operations and or logistics. This position starts at a salary of $156,235 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of Region IX Response Division within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will provide leadership, direction, guidance and coordination to the State, Tribal, and local governments of the Region in developing, planning and implementing FEMA Response Operations programs. Typical assignments include:
- Supporting the Regional Administrator in exercising managerial authority to direct, coordinate and control the activities of the Division's employees and assure implementation of program goals and objectives.
- Developing division priorities, goals and objectives through annual and multi-year planning documents.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress of work and relationship to these goals and adjusts as needed.
- Ensuring that the Region’s logistical requirements are met in coordination with the FEMA Logistics Management Directorate and State and Territory partners including pre-positioned disaster supplies and immediate response resources.
- Serving as consultant and principal advisor to the Regional Administrator on all Deliberate Planning efforts against Regional risks; and serves as the Region’s authority on the interpretation and application of FEMA’s policies and directives for Response Operations related to implementation of plans.
25% or less - Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592165900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.