The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as a Financial Analyst (Deputy Director).Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Financial Analyst (Deputy Director), GS-1160-15 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FRTIB-20-MP-009-11029406 under Merit Promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The major duties of the position are:
- Executes the functions of the Office to achieve mission goals consistent with management priorities and investment policies. Provides authoritative technical leadership and expertise on FRTIB-wide projects and unprecedented investment issues. Prepares reports, maintains appropriate records, and advises the Chief Investment Officer of work accomplishments, recommendations, and decisions. Plans and oversees reviews of operations for efficiency;
- Leads, develops, and manages the RFP and procurement processes utilized to evaluate and select contractors required to achieve goals and fulfill requirements of the Office;
- Develops extensive liaison and professional relationships with the internal/external investment community. Initiates and maintains contact and monitoring of prospective investment management firms to determine and evaluate the techniques and resources available to meet the Agency's future needs;
- Provides authoritative investment expertise and leadership to identify and resolve the most complex and difficult investment and asset management problems, develop and implement investment policies and strategies, and lead, oversee, and coordinate investment manager selection and reviews, transition management, risk management, performance reporting, and other similar matters;
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements performance monitoring, cash flow analysis and/or investment management policies and strategies, and designs and implements innovative and far-reaching strategies and techniques to achieve objectives. Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the compliance program and its related activities to prevent and detect illegal, unethical, or improper conduct;
- Oversees due diligence of external managers by leading and participating in meetings, reviewing portfolio holdings and strategies, and analyzing performance and compliance with investment guidelines. Represents and acts for the Agency before senior managers, executives of other agencies, external investment managers, consultants, and others concerning compliance program activities. Attends and represents the Agency at meetings, conferences, and events that relate to areas of responsibility;
- Formulates policy options and proposals, serves as a senior Agency policy expert, and plays a key role in final determination of Agency policy;
- Directs, oversees, and conducts special projects and studies related to the present state of investment management and the application of various state-of-the-art strategies, products, and techniques to further objectives. Prepares or oversees the preparation of timely, periodic statistical analyses of various alternatives and unprecedented issues, and their impact on objectives;
- Oversees, coordinates, and monitors the efforts of investment managers to optimize their contributions to the Agency's overall investment results. Performs periodic performance reviews of investment managers and evaluations of prospective managers;
- Maintains periodic comparison of indices of return for various asset classes and relates achieved and projected returns to benchmark indices;
- Performs comprehensive program administration and management duties for the Chief Investment Officer, as the Deputy Chief Investment Officer, and administrative backup and assistance as required;
- Provides expert technical advice, guidance, and leadership on strategic program planning activities pertaining to investment management;
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management officials and professional/technical specialists in other areas in order to effectively plan, manage, collaborate on, and integrate investment program activities; and
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position at 5% or less.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592146900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.