About the Position: This position is part of the Army Career Development Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.Learn more about this agency
The duty station for this position is with the US Army Corps of Engineers Buffalo District in Buffalo, NY.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce.
- Assist in coordinating analytical chemistry studies pertaining to environmental and field hazard assessments using established criteria or specifications.
- Assist in conducting analytical chemistry studies and analyses pertaining to environmental and field hazard assessments.
- Assist in operating, calibrating, and maintaining instrumentation utilized in environmental and field hazard assessments.
- Prepare scientific and technical reports and studies with completeness, technical adequacy, and adherence to prescribed format of reports.
- Work with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams to address project needs (including interfacing with contractors and laboratories).
- Work on hazardous, toxic, and radioactive waste projects as they progress through the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act process
- Work on a variety of environmental remediation projects under the Formerly Utilized Remedial Action Program and other Buffalo District environmental missions by collecting samples (e.g. soil, groundwater, surface water and sediment).
- Validating and interpreting environmental results, recommending analytical methods, and working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams to address project needs.
25% or less - Up to 25% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592118800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.