Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Tucson, Arizona. Information about Tucson, Arizona and the surrounding area can be found at https://tucsonchamber.org/.
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the District's vision/strategy which integrates key national and State program goals, priorities, values, and political, economic, social, technological, and administrative factors.
- Responsible for the acquisition/administration of human, financial, material, and information resources necessary for operation of the District which instills public trust, accomplishes agency's mission, and uses technology enhancing decision making.
- Responsible for administration of a variety of management programs such as safety, upward mobility, EEO, student and intern opportunities, overtime usage, employee engagement, management of real and personal property, etc.
- Oversees position management planning and implementation to achieve statewide direction and objectives.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the BLM's vision, mission, and goals.
- Responsible for the administrative and technical supervision of a large and complex staff, which requires managing work through subordinate supervisors including Field Managers, team leaders, and/or contractors who each direct substantial workload.
- Maintains organizational communication by keeping employees informed as to requirements, policy, procedures, and the interpretation thereof.
- Responsible for establishing and enhancing working relationships and alliances within District organizational structure as well as with others outside of the District office with the intent of finding common ground.
- Through the District Leadership Team and subordinate supervisors' plans, organizes and coordinates activities relevant to the accomplishment for assigned functional responsibilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592112700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.