The attorney will advise & assist GAO's Information Technology & Cybersecurity analyst team & Congress on issues including compliance with cybersecurity requirements , IT portfolio and investment management, CIO roles & responsibilities, and management and protection of sensitive information. The attorney will help resolve complex & far-reaching legal problems. Attorneys with experience in cybersecurity, IT management & operations, privacy and technology are particularly encouraged to apply.Learn more about this agency
Major responsibilities will include:
• Researching and applying the law in the conduct of performance audits of agency programs and activities.
• Providing legal counsel on a broad range of information and information technology policy topics primarily involving cybersecurity, protection of sensitive information, IT management, and compliance with related laws, regulations, and policies.
• Reviewing GAO products to ensure they reflect an accurate and objective understanding and application of the law as it relates to the federal program or activity under review.
• Providing legal assistance and support to GAO clients providing congressional testimony.
• Analyzing legislative proposals to determine potential effects and implications for federal policies and GAO.
• Drafting legal memoranda, legal opinions, and sections of audit reports.
• Providing technical and legislative drafting expertise to Congress.
• Briefing congressional staff on legal matters covered by GAO reviews.
Occasional travel - .
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592048300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.