The Eastern Colorado Veterans Health Care System, Fiscal Service is currently recruiting for one (1) Civilian Payroll Technicians, at the Rocky Mountain VA Medical Center, Fiscal Office, in Aurora, Colorado.Learn more about this agency
- Receives and examines complex payroll authorization documents such as leave authorization forms, saving bonds and allotments, employee organization deductions, EFT (electronic funds transfer), taxes, benefits, makes computations, and prepares proper forms for the pay of the full variety of civilian positions such as General Schedule, Wage Grade, and Title 38, and Hybrid Title 38
- Performs technician work for determining bi-weekly pay for civilian employees.
- Examines personnel actions, pay changes, and employee requests and makes appropriate changes to master record.
- Answers and provides advice to employees, supervisors, and others related to regulations and procedures relating to pay and leave.
- Determines eligibility for pay and benefits based on factors as type of appointment and pay plan, tour of duty, and location.
- Posts, examines, computes hours on time and leave records and other required bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Reviews time and attendance actions; reviews novel and unique payroll situations; traces errors, and make retroactive adjustments when needed.
- Conducts extensive research to identify and resolve problems.
- Maintains/manages automated and manual systems for receiving and processing reports and documents.
- Audits pay and leave accounts to identify and correct delinquent and/or erroneous personnel actions or time-keeping errors.
- Routinely analyze HR coding to employee's records and questionable actions are reconciled with Human Resources before being released.
- Ensures security measures are in place to safeguard a limited access to system hardware, software, and documentation.
- Provides customer service by telephone and completes correspondence (e.g., answers written inquiries, prepares letters to obtain missing information, etc.) related to employee pay, and provide information.
- Carries out special projects which require research and thorough knowledge and application of pay statues, provisions, operations, and guidelines.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: AD Hock Telework available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#:Civilian Pay Technician/PD12286A
Relocation /Recruitment Incentives: Non Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592034100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.