The Specialty Crops Inspection (SCI) Division is responsible for developing U.S. grade standards and providing inspection, grading, certification, and audit-based services nationwide on a user-fee basis for fresh and processed fruits and vegetables and related products. In this position, you will serve as an Inspector-in-Charge (IIC) of a large volume and/or complex inspection point, processing facility or area office lab, which may involve coordinating the work of other inspection personnel.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Determines quality and condition and assigns grades according to pertinent standards and specifications.
- Grades and inspects a multitude of fruit and vegetable and related products.
- Discusses inspection needs and review results with applicants.
- Coordinates a wide variety of inspection functions.
- Makes determinations on borderline samples.
- Instructs lower-grade ACGs on a wide range of inspection activities.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592019000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.