These positions are located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Statistics Division, in Washington DC.Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in executing a major segment of the Section's program which consists of defining the statistical input and output requirements, and forecasts concerning statistical programs relating to estimation and analysis.
- Assists in formulating and recommending programs related to functions of the Division, Branch, and Section.
- Performs analyses and interprets National survey related data producing reports about specific commodity statistics.
- Evaluates the development, initiation, and adoption of improved techniques for data acquisition and interpretation.
- Maintains two-way communication of technical information for resolving problems and developing policies.
- Leads the research and directs the coordination of other statisticians in statistical projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592017400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.