THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (T32), Position Description Number D1736P01 and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: 187 FW, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CMSgt M. MCKENZIE
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA AIR NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Air National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Air National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Air National Guard.
(1) Operates, analyzes performance, troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs and modifies operational ordnance system(s) and subsystems consisting of numerous complex electronic components in fighter aircraft. Examples of individual subsystems or components are: computerized stores management systems or programmable armament control systems, fire/control avionics, fire control sensing, targeting systems, digital multiplex data bus systems, electronic countermeasures equipment, weapons/avionics video display systems and discrete weapons/avionics systems and ensures compatibility of systems and their interfaces through operational test, system alignment and harmonization.
(2) Analyzes performance and isolate malfunctions to individual subsystems and or components of bombing/navigation, fire-control/weapons delivery, weapons multi-sensor displays and external electro-mechanical weapons systems, electro-optical targeting pod/weapon interfaces, R/F electronic countermeasures systems, target radar tracking and missile tracking radar.
(3) Removes, repairs, installs, inspects and conducts operational performance checkout of aircraft ordnance and isolates malfunctions and identifies if failures are in specific LRU's, aircraft weapons, avionics multiplex data bus matrix assemblies, or aircraft digital data wiring. Removes faulty units (matrix assemblies) and isolates problems to failing component parts using self-test diagnostics, oscilloscopes, frequency meters, signal generators, digital and differential voltmeters, milliohm meters, computer registers, impedance analyzers/multiplex data bus test equipment, and other special and standard tools and test equipment.
(4) Loads/unloads, positions and safeties air munitions using applicable technical data and handling equipment. Tests suspension, launch and release systems to ensure proper manual/electrical release on equipment.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/592014300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.