The incumbent serves as an Energy Technology Program Specialist and is responsible for providing project management, budgetary and administrative advice and guidance for a variety of complex security issues related to related to energy and water resilience projects/programs within FEMP.Learn more about this agency
As an Energy Technology Program Specialist, you will:
- Participate in the review of energy and water resilience program effectiveness and implementation.
- Provide support and analysis of various security, resilience, energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives to promote the broadest possible or most effective participation in various programs.
- Provide support and assistance for budget preparation, as well as analysis of budget requests.
- Prepare a variety of briefing papers and reports as well as, provides information about the energy efficiency and renewable energy program in response to requests from various sources.
- Serve as a project manager for the Office. Attend preplanning conferences to determine background, objectives, purpose, and scope of projects/programs.
- Review and evaluate security, resilience, energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives to promote the broadest possible or most effective participation in security, resilience, energy efficiency and renewable energy programs.
- Provides input for preparation of the budget for assigned projects/programs; monitors milestones and funding requirements and makes recommendations to keep project/programs on track and within funding constraints
- Prepares a variety of briefing papers and reports using data from different sources, and disseminates information to concerned officials in DOE Headquarters, field organization and other Federal agencies as appropriate.
- Drafts program plans, key objectives, schedules, budget and other documentation for area of assigned responsibility, and ensures that program plans, and funding requirements fully support legislative mandates, DOE goals and objectives.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings, training and/or conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591993400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.