You will serve as a SUPERVISORY ENGINEER in the Combat Systems Engineering Branch (L24) and the Digital Systems Fleet Support Branch (L48) of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Department Branch Head, managing a Weapon/Combat/Missile system multi-task organization providing test and evaluation and in-service engineering for various Navy ship classes and platforms.
- You will serve as a first-level supervisor for branch personnel, providing management and supervision of engineers and technicians, logisticians, and contractors, directing employees both technically and administratively.
- You will provide oversight and direction of In-Service Engineering and fleet support functions (distance and on-site support; modernization; systems engineering; cybersecurity; test and evaluation for weapon, combat missile systems).
- You will communicate with senior leadership and mid-level leaders on white papers, technical, programmatic, and budgets to support products and services provided to the fleet.
- You will engage in the execution of administrative functions, including higher level policies and instructions, to ensure NSWC leadership is appraised of status and issues or concerns.
- You will provide oversight and mentorship of junior Professional Engineers and other employees to ensure technical development of branch employees.
- You will implement effective Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) within your assigned area.
- You will develop requirements, monitor status, manage funding, and evaluate performance of service and procurement contracts.
- You will ensure the planning and execution of branch tasks are in alignment with Command and Department Strategic Objectives to ensure the long range success of the organization.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591993300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.