This position is located in Monticello, UT.Learn more about this agency
To assist the field offices and staff in developing and implementing a comprehensive natural resource conservation program throughout the geographic area of responsibility by providing technical guidance, assistance, and evaluation on matters related Farm Bill Programs and Conservation Program contracting and implementation.
- Works with landowners and operators, individually and in groups, to develop a wide variety of conservation plans according to established policies and procedures and in accordance with landowners' decisions.
- Provides program support to team resource conservationists, field office (FO) personnel and technical service providers (TSPs) in carrying out all Farm Bill Programs, policies and procedures.
- Assists landowners with the application of planned resource management systems in compliance with agency standards and specifications.
- Communicates NRCS conservation programs and other natural resources conservation activities, using information tools and techniques to promote district and agency programs.
- Represents the agency at conservation district meetings and serves as an advisor to district committees, and participates in meetings, tours, and demonstration projects to explain resource conservation planning.
- Provides technical guidance and information to engineers, conservation districts and regional planning groups to insure the development of highly specialized land resource plans, and to incorporate needed soil and water conservation measures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591988500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.