THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC LEADER, Position Description Number D1410000 and is part of the MA ANG 104th FW, National Guard. This is a Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: SMSgt Thomas Pavelchak at 413-568-9151, extension 6981314.Learn more about this agency
(1) On a regular and recurring basis, leads three or more aircraft mechanics, crew chiefs, and specialist personnel performing work in the inspection docks.
(2) Monitors the work of assigned personnel, sets the pace, passes along assignments, and assures that materials, tools, equipment, and stock are available. Works along with aircraft mechanics and specialist personnel performing journeyman work as required.
(3) Insures that assigned personnel are fully utilized and work is accomplished in accordance with established time frames and priorities. Checks work in progress and/or upon completion for compliance with the supervisor's instructions, appropriate technical orders, etc. Serves as a technical advisor by answering questions regarding appropriate procedures, policies, written instructions and other directives. Ensures that safety, housekeeping, security and other environmental rules are followed.
(4) Advises the supervisor of overall work operations, status and progress of work, causes for delays, problems encountered, and individual performance (e.g., additional on-the-job training requirements for individual employees). As requested by the supervisor, provides functional planning for the inspection docks. On a daily basis, recommends adjustments in work schedules to provide optimum utilization of personnel in support of functional requirements.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591967300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.