The Information Technology (IT) Risk Specialist serves under the general supervision of a Senior Examiner or the Operations Risk Program Manager and acts as an advocate for effective internal controls over technology.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology (IT) Risk Specialist, you will:
- Develop risk-based institution-specific examination plans (for large, complex, or high-concern institutions) that comply with all applicable guidelines and include procedures for testing an institution's unique risks.
- Conduct IT examinations in accordance with generally accepted IT audit standards and guidelines to ensure that the institution's information technology and business systems are adequately controlled, monitored, and assessed.
- Provide support and technical assistance to OE examiners and management in conducting IT examination activities.
- Maintain responsibility for planning IT examination activities for low to moderate to highly-complex institutions.
- Recommend new or improved IT examination techniques or methods to enhance future examinations.
- Conduct related conferences and communicates with institution officials, as appropriate, to obtain feedback and reactions to examination findings and to convey information concerning corrective action or regulatory guidance.
- Write examination entrance and report transmittal letters to board members, internal and external correspondence related to examinations or projects, Enforcement Action Memoranda as necessary, and other materials that are essential to complete the reporting process and maintain ongoing communication with institution personnel.
50% or less - Up to 50% travel may be required for examinations, training and conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591949400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.