The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; Join DHS.Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical and administrative direction to a branch of supervisory HR Specialists, HR Specialists, HR Assistants, and Student Interns that accomplish work involving recruitment and placement activities.
- Provides US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) managers and supervisors with the most effective and efficient means for achieving comprehensive recruitment and placement services.
- Assesses workload (current and anticipated) and adjusts accordingly to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and equity among subordinates.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of staffing concepts, thorough understanding of assigned organizations, sound working knowledge of other personnel fields, and broad human resource management knowledge.
- Anticipates problems that evolve from the complex and dynamic nature of organizations served and provides innovative solutions that accommodate managers' needs without compromising fundamental personnel management principles.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591939400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.