This position is located in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, in the Division of Interpretation, Educations and Partnerships. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
- Provide pre-established talks normally following a prescribed outline and requiring application of broad subject-matter knowledge of the features of interest peculiar to the site.
- Answer a wide variety of visitor questions. The questions encountered arise from observation of the features themselves; from the demonstrated major interests of visitors, or the nature of the talks.
- Guide very large groups (of up to 50 people) in situations where: the physical limitations of the area or facility being explained make it difficult to accommodate the party on trips of two or more hours duration.
- Provide a wide range of services to visitors, including assistance with lost articles, car trouble, and first aid; and provide information about weather conditions, highway routes, park and concessioner facilities, and prices.
- Gather information from reporting parties concerning accidents/incidents within the park area and notify appropriate personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591929800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.