These positions are located in the Visitor and Resource Protection Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
This position is open Internal to DOI employees and employees that meet Land Management Authority only.
- Respond to search and rescue, emergency medical, and wildland fire incidents within district.
- Perform investigations of motor vehicle accidents resulting in property damage, minor injuries, severe injuries, or death.
- Conduct investigations of crimes, fatalities, tort claims, accidents and injuries. Testify in court.
- Ensure the protection of natural resources.
- Explain to visitors the importance of following Park rules and procedures in order to protect life and property.
- Write affidavits for complaints and warrants, as well as a variety of reports or correspondence to document events.
- Perform first line, day-to-day supervision to a staff of law enforcement rangers to include evaluating work performance, establishing performance standards, developing training plans, interviewing, etc.
Yosemite National Park: Multiple vacancies exist, and selectee(s) may be placed in one of the following areas: Valley District; Holding Facility (Jail); Mather District (Tuolumne Meadows)
Sequoia National Park: Opportunities may be available to participate in the following programs at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks: FLETC Field Training Officer program, park-medic, Type 3 All-Hazard Incident Management Team, helicopter short-haul program, an active SAR program, and marijuana interdiction operations.
- The position at Lodgepole is a permanent full-time position.
- The position at Ash Mountain is a permanent full-time position.
- The position at Mineral King is a career seasonal position. The incumbent is expected to work 9 months a year and will work at least 6 months a year. During the winter months, work is primarily performed out of the Ash Mountain Subdistrict.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591882700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.