As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Public Affairs, Visual Communications Division in Washington, DC.
This is a multi-faceted position that requires the incumbent to serve as a producer, director, editor, scriptwriter,This position starts at a salary of $103,690.00 (GS-13, Step 1) to $134,798.00 (GS-13, Step 10) with promotion potential to $134,798 (GS-13 Step 10).
and production operations assistant in support of agency informational programming.
The position is responsible for oversight and operation of a broadcast facility during live and taped presentations over the Agency's digital distribution platforms and production of programs in the field.
- Serving as a Multimedia Producer, designing sets and lighting, conceiving and creating visual elements,selecting music and sound effects, rehearsing talent, and selecting and directing cameras and movement during recording sessions and broadcasts.
- Conceptualizing and conceivng a variety of broadcast programs in support of agency informational initiatives.
- Maintaining an imagery asset database and reviewing videos produced in the field to identify appropriate clips for media releases and other messaging products utilizing their experience with digital asset management.
- Configuring and operating high definition digital television equipment/systems and assists in the recording and distribution of live and pre-recorded video productions.
- Acquiring, safeguarding, and managing operations of highly technical and valuable electronic equipment and operating technical equipment such as cameras in both remote and fixed situations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591858900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.