Open to the public using Direct Hire Authority (Certain Personnel of DoD). If you have status eligibility, you may apply under SWGJ219524177609.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Serves as District's recognized technical expert and senior staff level Mechanical Engineer, providing mechanical engineering expertise and guidance, with attention to HVAC systems, to key operating officials and counterparts at the District, USACE, military installations, government agencies and private interests.
- Provide higher headquarters' policy interpretation, quality control review for in-house products, and authoritative guidance and quality assurance (QA) review of contractor provided products.
- Responsible for command and control, interface and program management of all mechanical engineering issues and projects, ensuring coordination and consistency of program products within the District.
- Review/approve District quality management plans, assuring compliance with such plans and by reviewing projects and project documents in order to detect errors and/or identify possible improvements to the system.
- Review and monitor technical manpower and technical capabilities within the Districts, recommending manpower, resource or process adjustments as required to maintain the desired level of technical quality and capability.
- Provide District guidance and assure technological transfer through lessons learned and command assistance visits.
- Responsible for quality of mechanical engineering design features of assigned military, non-appropriated, dependent schools, medical, family housing, and host nation funded construction for the Army, Air Force, Navy/Marines, other federal agencies.
- Responsible for quality of mechanical engineering design features of all civil works projects within the District.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591839500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.