This position is located at Grand Canyon National Park in the IT Branch within the Division of Administration and is responsible for providing a centralized resource for cybersecurity information, awareness, planning, reporting, and compliance; and providing IT security operations, implementation and testing requirements to meet DOI operations requirements. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates security programs, including the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities such as intrusion detection or access authentication programs.
- Establishes proper backup procedures for system and network information; and implements established controls that provide protection from unauthorized access, alteration, loss, disclosure, and blocking of information.
- Assesses new systems design methodologies; recommends the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats; and reviews and provides feedback on proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Implements systems security policies, guidelines and procedures related to web-based applications, network, and systems designs, including initial design, system lifecycle change review, and configuration management.
- Participates in testing and implementation of new security technologies and coordinates with other IT staff on the development and implementation of information cybersecurity system and application policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591814500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.