This position is located in Smithsonian Institution, National Zoological Park. The purpose of this position would be to perform a variety of duties that ensure the proper care, feeding, exhibition, and propagation of the animal collection, potentially including work in our Department of Nutrition Sciences with preparation, procurement, and distribution of diets for all animals in the NZP collection.Learn more about this agency
- Assists higher graded Animal Keepers in performing a variety of tasks associated with the proper care, feeding, exhibition, and propagation of a collection of wild and exotic animals, many of which are rare and endangered.
- Receives training in animal health and welfare, monitoring animals for symptoms of illness, injuries or other unusual conditions.
- Receives on-the-job and other training involved in general animal keeping in a variety of areas such as care, feeding, exhibition and propagation.
- Receives training in measurement and preparation of food items and maintenance of sanitary conditions around feeding areas.
- Receives training and developmental assignments in the receipt, storage, inspection, inventory, preparation and issuance of food and dietary supplements, forage, and bedding materials.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591799700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.