You will serve as an Industrial Hygienist with the Department of the Navy, Naval Medical Command.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is for anticipated vacancies under the DHA for Certain Personnel within DoD, and may be used to fill similar vacancies for up to 120 days from the date of your application. Applicants may need to reapply to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
- Responsible for providing advice on scientific work in industrial hygiene and/or environmental science, including the identification and evaluation of conditions affecting the health and efficiency of employees.
- Serves as industrial hygienist and/or environmental scientist, and occupational health and safety expert/advisor on assessment, treatment, cleanup, air monitoring and sampling techniques and hazards associated with highly unstable chemicals.
- Reviews scientific research, studies, regulatory analyses and support documents, and information compiled by EPA or other organization/individuals on the effects of hazardous substance on human health and the environments.
- Develop and implement novel and advanced health and safety protocols and analytical programs using state of the art methodology to protect workers and address problems associated with environmental emergencies/uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Responsible for evaluating and reviews of health and safety plans/protocol and/or environmental assessments as required to ensure that response actions produce the least overall impact on the environment, employees involved and local populations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591795300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.