About the Position: This is a situational telework position, not full-time telework. The Walla Walla District US Army Corps of Engineers is comprised of motivated and talented employees providing the very best engineering services for communities in the Pacific Northwest. The District helps manage local water resources for navigation, flood damage reduction, disaster assistance, hydroelectric power generation, and other natural and heritage areas.Learn more about this agency
- Develop state-of-the-art geographic information systems (GIS) geospatial analyst tools in a complex, interdisciplinary field.
- Identify and employ the most advanced and affordable tools or techniques and methods for the analysis, display, integration and dissemination of geospatial data.
- Utilize urban to global scales to address long-term Corps of Engineers and Army objectives.
- Consider the potential for emerging technology and concepts as it relates to changing and dynamic data application.
- Contribute to the solution of evolving operational needs and future requirements in a resource constrained environment.
- Find innovative ways to disseminate varied terrain analyses on an ever changing global network.
- Use automated cartography, remote sensing extraction techniques, and other relevant technologies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 15 percent of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591779000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.