About the Position: Serves as an agent of the commander of assigned organization on accounting, financial, and managerial issues that require examination by a financial professional. Performs quick response audits, audit readiness and sustainment, consulting and advisory services, risk management, liaison with external audit organizations, audit compliance and follow-up.Learn more about this agency
- Perform professional audit activities, including the analysis of accounting records.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis in the coordination and resolution of problems.
- Utilize professional accounting and audit skills to maintain oversight for implementing appropriate laws, directives, and regulations of internal control programs and procedures.
- Apply Government Auditing Standards and a wide range of evaluation techniques (e.g., interviews, computer assisted techniques, statistical analysis and questionnaires) in gathering, documenting, and summarizing data.
- Prepare working papers and files in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and DA policies.
- Prepare reports, present findings, identifies causative situations and recommends corrective action, with activity level officials.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position 25 percent of the time or less.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591721500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.