This position is located on the Sault Ste. Marie Ranger District of the Hiawatha National Forest in St. Ignace, MI.Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for supporting the unit's recreation program, including operating and maintaining the recreation complex. and implementing the annual and long-term work plans for recreation sites. The position is 20% supervisory.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Kari Vanderheuel at email@example.com or 906-298-8135.
- Prepare detailed project work plans and schedules, including required personnel, equipment, and supplies to assist with development of annual work plans for the management unit.
- Maintain District recreation facilities such as toilets, road closure gates, hand pumps, water systems, picnic tables, fire rings, barriers, dumpsters, and other structures to assist in the implementation of operation and maintenance plans.
- Maintain developed, dispersed, and wilderness campsites, naturalize sites, and remove/replace/or close facilities or areas to control use or prevent resource damage.
- Coordinate recreation work group visits with agency operational personnel and communicate schedules and requirements for logistical support.
- Participate with other resource personnel to assist with developing long-range plans for managing natural resources within recreation areas.
- Serve as point of contact (POC) with community organizations and interest groups to generate interest in and utilization of agency recreation facilities.
- Inspect recreation areas, areas of concentrated public use, and special use permits to determine compliance with permit and management plans, public health regulations, and safety plans.
- Perform collection officer duties for recreation sites, including collecting fees and counting and reconciling money collected, to ensure deposits are made appropriately.
- Provide training to crew members and volunteers on the safe operation of hand and power tools used to perform recreation construction and maintenance duties.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by the unit, assign work to employees, and establish production or quality standards for the unit's work.
- Conduct formal performance reviews; and identify and provide for the developmental needs of employees.
- Resolve employee complaints, effect minor disciplinary measures, and recommend action in more serious cases.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fostering and promoting an equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment.
Occasional travel - Travel for training and meetings may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591680500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.