This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This position serves as a Supervisory General Engineer, with the U.S. Army Space and Missile Command U. S. Army Forces Strategic Command located at Redstone Arsenal, AL.
This is a Term position NTE 5 years and may be extended up to 6 years at any time.
- Serves as the Chief Engineer for the Directed Energy Project Office within the Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office matrixed from the Space and Missile Defense Technical Center, US Army Space and Missile Defense Command.
- The incumbent provides advanced capability in DE technologies, components, and systems.
- Provides management and oversight of DE advanced technology programs involving High Energy Laser (HEL) and High Power Microwave (HPM) for Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office (RCCTO).
- Provides system design, engineering, concept analysis, and advanced technology support to external organizations.
- Monitors the programs and projects to ensure accomplishment of technical scope and full consideration of military user implications.
- Serves as technical focal point to customers, industry, international partners, and provides regular progress updates to stakeholders.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591650700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.