Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 11027979.Learn more about this agency
Please read this announcement in its entirety before beginning the application process to ensure you submit all the required documents. See Required Document sections in this announcement before applying.
Please review the application questionnaire before applying: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11027979.
This vacancy announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. EST on 08/09/2021
This job opportunity announcement (JOA) will be used to fill one (1) full-time and permanent Program Applications Specialist, GS-0301-11, vacancy at the Murfreesboro, TN VA Medical Center (VAMC), with Business Office Service.
***** This is an open continuous vacancy announcement. This announcement is intended as a mechanism of providing consideration for the greatest number of potential candidates. Applicants will first be referred 15 calendar days after the opening date and periodically throughout the announcement period. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement. ******
The incumbent serves as the integrator that coordinates the business process and software functions. The incumbent of this position provides continuous business oversight for a variety of software programs integral to the overall administration and operations of the business and effects programmatic changes at the facility level. The incumbent coordinates ongoing data collection and analysis and uses knowledge of System Redesign principles to determine organization performance. The incumbent conducts business process modeling, projects and studies that will impact on the overall functions of the services in such areas as, policy development and implementation, work methodology, processes, streamlining, etc.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Collaborates designating and preparing data management related work such as clinic profiles, modifications of clinics and other access and revenue related application tools using a variety of software, which provide analyses, special studies, and reports for use by management for workload projections, and quality assurance of VHA Business Office programs.
- Plans and organizes work, coordinates with staff and line management, interprets regulations and applies new methods.
- Applies user acceptance testing principles, methods, and approaches sufficient to test, debug and maintain software applications that meet functional requirements.
- Provides for the operation of Patient Information Management System (PIMS) core package; training and user support; and participation implementation and testing of new Business Office systems and programs.
- Handles the application and operation of the Veterans Information Systems and Technology Architectures (VISTA), and other Revenue Cycle and Patient Access programs.
- Conducts ongoing data collection and basic analysis and uses knowledge of System Redesign principles to determine organization performance.
- Plans, schedules, and carries out major projects concerned with analysis and evaluation of programs or organizational effectiveness.
- Applies analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
- Conducts business process modeling, projects and studies that will impact on the overall functions of the services in such areas as, policy development and implementation, work methodology, processes, and streamlining.
- Resolves substantive problems of effectiveness and efficiency of work operations and has to modify analytical techniques.
- Applies knowledge and abilities to analyze, evaluate and make recommendations on major aspects or all assigned VISTA and commercial off the shelf computer packages.
- Requires an extremely complex blend of information technology knowledge communication, administrative leadership skills.
- Collaborates the substantive nature of programs, missions, policies and objectives, management principles and processes, and the analytical and evaluative methods for assessing program development or execution.
- Applies analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and knowledge of a substantial body of administrative or program principles, concepts, policies, and objectives.
- Uses management analysis techniques and methods are required to refine information for comprehensive reports, addressing elements such as cost analysis, work measurement, trend analysis, efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Telework: Currently NOT Available, however, maybe available to meet the future needs of the facility.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Applications Specialist/PD70681A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591644100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.