This vacancy is for a Computer Scientist position in the Associate Director for Research and Methodology (ADRM) located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Computer Scientist, GS-1550-12, FPL-12, positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
- Conducts application development with responsibility for analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and documentation of Web-based application systems.
- Develops advanced, innovative software solutions using modern programming languages for projects of immense importance and involving extremely complex and large volumes of data often within a tight time constraint and limited budget.
- Conducts application updates and production releases on multiple IT systems, and develops and implements comprehensive system testing strategies ensuring adherences to user and functional requirements.
- Provides customer service to fulfill internal and external IT client and customer needs, providing information, assistance and/or training, resolving problems, and explaining system and product functionality.
- Adapts and implements software development life cycle and project management best practices for all software development.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591630800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.