To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must (1) meet the Education Requirements for the series, (2) provide a copy of transcripts for verification, AND (3) meet the Specialized Experience Requirements.
To qualify for the Grade 13, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, it must include:
One year of specialized experience which includes:
1. Supporting field administration of construction contracts with a focus on civil/structural engineering; such as, assisting with cost estimates for contract modifications, negotiating Construction contract modification terms and prices, reviewing technical Requests For Information, and reviewing technical construction submittals;
2. Troubleshooting and proposing corrective actions as situations arise under various field conditions;
3. Providing technical oversight of complex civil/structural system designs for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards, and specifications;
4. Performing a full range of engineering designs for civil/structural systems, including site investigations, feasibility studies, preliminary and final designs, specifications, and cost estimates. Designs created must also consider aspects of other engineering fields such as mechanical or electrical; and
5. Preparing preliminary and final sketches and drawings for engineering projects by using AutoCAD software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. (determined at interview).
Civil Engineering - Knowledge of the concepts, principles, theories, and methods required to plan, design, construct, operate, and maintain facilities such as buildings, transportation systems, water and sanitary systems, and other public works systems. (determined on resume).
Team Building - Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals. (determined at interview).
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.