The Strategic Hub for Innovation and Financial Technology Office (FinHub) spearheads agency efforts to encourage responsible innovation in the financial sector, including in evolving areas such as distributed ledger technology and digital assets, automated investment advice, digital marketplace financing, and artificial intelligence and machine learning (FinTech).Learn more about this agency
FinHub coordinates the analysis of emerging financial innovations and technologies across the Commission.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Carries out supervisory duties, such as performance management, training and mentoring, office and personnel development, awards, recruitment, and informs employees of policies, procedures, and goals as they relate to their work on assigned projects.
- Represents the FinHub in meetings, conferences, and in public forums. Maintain productive work relationships with federal and state agencies, international bodies and the industry.
- Knows the organization's mission and functions, and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively within them; this includes the programs, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations of the organization.
- Understands and keeps up-to-date on local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders' views; is aware of the organization's impact on the external environment.
- Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Uses imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies new solutions to problems; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs new methods where established methods and procedures are not suitable or are unavailable.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591610800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.