This vacancy is for a Computer Scientist position in the Associate Director of Research and Methodology Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Computer Scientist, GS-1550-13 FPL GS-13 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a technical expert who utilizes the latest technologies to design and develop innovative software solutions for enterprise or custom Census Bureau systems.
- Investigate system concepts and system interactions to identify and/or predict the critical software engineering and physical problem areas in the system, develops solutions, and recommends a course of action.
- Provide enhancements, improvements, and cutting-edge development to solutions by adapting the latest computer technology that is consistent with overall bureau policies, procedures and budgetary constraints.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Evaluates and identifies budget, schedule, and other pertinent evaluation criteria.
- Prepare project reports and give presentations to management, clients, and others. Identify effects of unforeseen problems and modify procedures as required to counteract any problems and provide authoritative technical advice to senior management.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591596800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.