The Director, Engineering Laboratory (EL) is primarily responsible for managing and directing the research and service programs of the EL.Learn more about this agency
The Director, Engineering Laboratory (EL) is primarily responsible for managing and directing the research and service programs of the EL. The incumbent represents NIST and the EL both inside and outside the Institute and assists the Director and Associate Directors in accomplishing the Institute’s mission. The incumbent serves as primary point of contact for EL research and service programs with customers and stakeholders and is responsible for programmatic and operational direction of the EL. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring mission related research and services are provided in a reliable and consistent manner to customers and stakeholders;
- Leading the employees of the Laboratory to anticipate and respond to the needs of NIST, the Department, and the Nation;
- Developing and disseminating advanced manufacturing technologies, guidelines, standards activities, and services to the U.S. manufacturing industries;
- Overseeing research, codes and standards activities and statutory responsibilities in disaster resilience and resilient materials, including the National Earthquake Hazard Reduction Program, the National Windstorm Impact Reduction Program, and the National Construction Safety Team.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for NIST and the Department on matters related to engineering research, development, and deployment; and,
- Directing the EL activities including measurement science research, performance metrics, tools and methodologies for engineering application, and critical technical contributions to standards and codes development.
The Director, EL is responsible for maintaining collaborative relationships with the Department within the scope of his/her responsibilities. The EL Director represents the Director and the Institute with senior Administration officials, Congress, other Federal agencies, industry leaders, and national and international organizations on matters affecting the EL.
The Director, EL carries out other assignments and manages special programs as assigned by NIST leadership.
Occasional travel - Occasional to frequent travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591591900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.