You will serve as an Engineer/Scientist in the Joint Interoperability & Irregular Warfare Division; Expeditionary and Maritime Systems Department of NAVSURFWARFCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION. If selected, you will serve as the Senior Cybersecurity Engineer.Learn more about this agency
- You will oversee all matters relating to the cybersecurity of information systems in the Division including both the Joint and Expeditionary Command and Control (JEXC2) and the Coastal and Maritime Security (C and MS) portfolios.
- You will select, implement, and assess the relevant security controls for the network and software architectures for DOD Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems and other information systems within the Division.
- You will provide cybersecurity and information systems security subject matter expertise and guide the Division members of the Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF), both government and contractor personnel, in the application of cybersecurity policy.
- You will provide leadership and direction to Division personnel by ensuring that cybersecurity awareness, basics, literacy, and training are provided to operations personnel commensurate with their responsibilities.
- You will review, update, monitor, and ensure compliance with cybersecurity policy, processes, methods, and procedures for Division projects.
- You will oversee all Division Risk Management Framework (RMF) efforts, including review and approval of Assessment and Authorization artifacts, and the management of all Division Security Authorization Packages and Authorities to Operate.
- You will work closely with software developers and software and network patch teams to ensure cybersecurity objectives are met including development and fielding of updates, cybersecurity patches, maintenance releases, and early release patches.
- You will monitor, interpret, and provide guidance on DoD and U.S. Navy Cybersecurity policy and ensure that local policy and methods are up-to-date and aligned with overarching policy.
- You will review appointment letters and privileged access agreements, and support Command cybersecurity initiatives and data calls.
- You will collaborate with, and provide engineering expertise to, the NSWC PCD Cybersecurity lab and Cybersecurity Working Group, and stay apprised of current and future cybersecurity efforts.
- You will interface with the Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) and, as needed, with the Functional Authorizing Official (FAO) to facilitate the issuance of Authority to Operate (ATO) letters.
- You will communicate authoritatively both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization (including Flag Officer and Senior Executive level) and develop succinct and well organized written correspondence, plans, reports, and briefs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591579700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.