THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS MECHANIC (T32), Position Description Number D1204000 and is part of the AL FMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: FMS #1, FLORENCE, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW2 T. TERRELL
(1) Performs troubleshooting and routine repairs on individual components and moderately complex systems of launch pod/containers (LP/C), trainer rocket simulator modules, Missiles/Launchers Pod Assemblies (M/LPA), trainer missile simulator modules, and various like items. Troubleshoots carrier electrical and power distributions systems components of the weapon system or equipment being repaired. Isolates faulty assemblies, cables, wiring harnesses and modules to component level for repair or replacement. Performs initial and final checks and may perform inspections when required on equipment being repaired.
(2) Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and malfunctions, removes, installs, tests, maintains, modifies, performs alignments and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, modules, and interconnecting cables of a variety of combat and tactical, and communication equipment. This equipment has moderate or limited complexity to include multi-channel very high frequency (VHF) or ultra high frequency (UHF) transmitters or receivers, power supplies, and multilayered printed circuit boards. Repairs or replaces chassis mounted components on Unit Under Test (UUT). Performs Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) operations for fault isolation on electronic modules, circuit cards and assemblies, and similar items to component level. Replaces faulty components on UUT printed circuit boards and power distribution systems. Utilizes oscilloscopes, signal generators, digital multi-meters, and other test equipment to locate, diagnose, and repair malfunctions.
(3) Performs field and limited sustainment maintenance to include installation, routine maintenance, repair, and overhaul of fixed and mobile operational communication and electronics systems, e.g., shelter mounted AM radio and teletype systems, shelter mounted single side band radio and teletype systems, shelter mounted radio relay and terminal systems, other moderately complex systems, peripheral equipment, and related test equipment, and Modification Table Of Equipment (MTOE) authorized automation equipment. Repairs, aligns, and adjusts infrared night vision sights, optical sights, and traversing units. Removes and replaces defective electrical, electronic, and mechanical components. Conducts inspections, diagnoses nature and extent of equipment malfunction. Determines whether equipment may be economically repaired or declared unserviceable. Performs required maintenance to restore to a serviceable condition various types of tactical computers, radio sets, and similar items. Repairs or recommends for salvage defective components or assemblies. Isolates and diagnoses cause of circuit/component malfunction using signal string lists, schematics, standard, special and electronic Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) or repair equipment. Uses associated field maintenance equipment in analytical maintenance procedures. Installs and applies equipment modifications when directed.
(4) Uses various types of test equipment to include systems test sets and stands such as AN/GRM-122s, frequency meters, standing wave indicators, oscillators, ohmmeters, voltmeters, resistance bridges, and signal generators to localize trouble by component unit, by circuit within a component, and by element of a circuit. Uses special and common hand tools, power tools, and gauges to make intricate repairs.
(5) Performs administrative functions in establishing and maintaining maintenance records on equipment maintained or repaired. Assists in the preparation of requests for required repair parts.
(6) May conduct or be involved in a Maintenance Assistance and Instruction Team (MAIT) or act as an inspector on a Command Maintenance Evaluation Team (COMET) on electronic, automation, communication, and equipment. Provides technical assistance and instruction to units throughout the state so that they will be able to operate at the desired level of proficiency.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591551900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.