Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
As the Regional Security Director (RSD), Surface Operations, you will serve as the senior management official and technical expert for TSA on matters involving surface transportation security operations within the assigned geographic area of responsibility (AOR). As the RSD, you will place particular focus/attention in creating the most effective and efficient adaptive security solutions for the surface transportation network within your AOR. Your oversight will include Mass Transit and Passenger Rail; Freight Rail; Highway and Motor Carrier; Pipeline Sections and a supporting role to USCG in Maritime branches. In this regard, you will be responsible for strategic input for surface transportation security operations management and services across the surface transportation sector within your AOR. The responsibilities of the position not only have agency-wide impact and influence, but national impact and scope. As the Regional Security Director, you will provide innovative and expert leadership in the implementation of surface transportation security operations policies, procedures, and operational activities in accordance with applicable Federal and Departmental policies, procedures, laws, and directives.
Major duties include:
- Serving as a principal advisor to the Assistant Administrator (AA), Surface Operations on surface transportation security management programs, Federal regulation requirements and methods as it relates to U.S. surface transportation networks.
- Building strategic industry partnerships, engaging trusted industry operators and advisory groups on a regular basis.
- Providing expert security guidance to executive industry association partners and government sectors on surface transportation security operations issues. Working closely with surface industry partners to coordinate national surface transportation security operations development. Providing expert transportation security information at industry-sponsored conferences/meetings.
- Maintaining a network of surface industry operators for purposes of ensuring that there is current and consistent information regarding TSA policies and activities and their impact on surface transportation partners. As appropriate, you will be responsible for pursuing industry partner buy-in and establishing mutual accountability.
- Serving as the industry surface transportation security operations expert for TSA. Understanding and appropriately implementing transportation security regulations, as well as developing and facilitating the implementation of surface transportation security operations and regulations; maintaining awareness and/or knowledge of the most current, impacting, and proposed/enacted legislation in the area of surface transportation security operations. Understanding and supporting the collaborative environment with surface transportation security partners, to include using non regulatory means to enhance surface transportation security and raise the security baseline.
- Administering the delivery and communication of surface transportation security, work plans, inspections and operations.
- Overseeing all support requirements for coordinating the dissemination of Guidelines, Directives and Program Changes related to surface transportation security policies. Monitoring and reviewing all outstanding security policies, directives, and emergency amendments affecting the industry for relevance.
- Engaging executive industry partners to raise the security bar through addressing the impact of threat information on their operations, and where applicable, the supply chain, the security of the traveling public and commercial goods within the surface transportation sector.
- Serving as the principal interface with executives in the surface industry within your AOR concerning risk-based security.
- Maintaining cybersecurity as a core mission of TSA, and continually seeking methods to educate surface transportation security partners on adopting a holistic risk management approach to defend against malicious cyber-attacks.
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591532400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.