The Dairy Products Marketing Specialist is responsible for performing duties related to implementing the Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program (DPMRP) and the collection and publication of Federal milk marketing order statistics. Coordinates and gathers, evaluates, and disseminates dairy information for selected milk and dairy products. Supports the Market News or Economic Analysis Branches as needed.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collect, analyze, summarize, verify, disseminate, and protect sensitive market information of national significance covering large geographic areas.
- Participate in day-to-day operations by applying accepted policies and procedures involving statistical methods.
- Develop and maintain educational and instructional knowledge and materials on information, methods, and practices; collaborates with field staff, members of the dairy industry.
- Review and suggest potential changes to policies and procedures involving best practices for market news reporting to improve efficiency and transparency of the program.
- Contact dairy industry representatives to discover and report current market information on milk and dairy products including demand, supply, prices, and inventory levels.
- Work closely with the Branch Chief and other agencies to ensure that data and information reported is accurate and that the confidentiality of the information received is maintained.
- Serve as a Dairy Products Marketing Specialist responsible for performing a variety of duties related primarily to the implementation of the Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program and the publication of Federal Order statistics
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with members of the dairy industry and regularly communicates with the dairy industry handling sensitive data provided on a voluntary basis.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591427100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.