You will serve as a Scientist in the Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC) Systems Branch, Code 41150, Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) PACIFIC SAN DIEGO CA.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a METOC CB-ISEA Software (SW) Engineer and Subject Matter Expert conducting vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- You will prepare computer systems for Cyber Awareness testing.
- You will develop, test and package custom solutions in order to resolve and meet cybersecurity compliance using the Enterprise Change Request (ECR) process.
- You will provide the software maintenance engineering, software life cycle engineering and cybersecurity for METOC systems.
- You will provide software configuration, integration and testing, security patching, software sustainment, system back-ups and restoration procedures for end users.
- You will provide updates and revisions to technical documentation such Engineering Change Bulletin (ECBs),
- You will provide updates and revisions to Software Installation Guide (SIG), System Administrator's Guide (SAG), System User Guide (SUG), Software Version Description (SVD), and naval messages.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591340800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.